Luxury Homes in Virginia Highland
Browse by Price: $250k to $500k | $500k to $750k | $750k to $1M | $1M to $1.5M | $1.5M to $2M | $2M+
Virginia Highland Real Estate
Named for the intersection of Virginia and North Highland Avenues, Virginia Highlands is made up of short, walkable blocks lined with charming mid-century bungalows. North Highland Avenue forms the main thoroughfare through the residential area. Lined with sidewalk cafes, coffeehouses, art galleries and boutiques, this small commercial area helps give VaHi (as it’s known to locals) the feel like of a small town nestled in the heart of a major city.
Virginia Highland residents enjoy plentiful greenspace and outdoor recreation. The neighborhood is bordered by both Piedmont Park and Atlanta Beltline Trail. Featuring miles of walking paths, dog parks, open lawns, playgrounds and organized sports fields, Piedmont Park is the gem of Atlanta’s network of parks. The Atlanta BeltLine is a 22-mile “rails to trails” initiative where locals hike, bike, skate and stroll. Many local restaurants and businesses are easily accessible from the trails. Other local parks include Orme Park which is set along the banks of Clear Creek and features a playground, walking trails and beautiful historic bridges.
Also known for its arts scene, Virginia Highlands is conveniently located near the Callanwolde Fine Arts Center, a community arts conservatory offering classes and workshops, and featuring rotating gallery exhibits. Festivals also draw local artisans to the neighborhood, such as the annual Summerfest. Musical performances, a 5k race and food vendors join local artist tents and residents and tourists alike flock to the fun!
Featured Attractions in Virginia Highland
- Atlanta BeltLine: www.beltline.org
- Callanwolde Fine Arts Center: www.callanwolde.org
- Piedmont Park: www.piedmontpark.org
- Virginia Highlands Summerfest: vahi.org/summerfest
- Highland Tap: Cozy steakhouse and speakeasy
- La Tavola: Classic Italian comfort food
- Murphy’s: Traditional American fare with a popular weekend brunch
- Osteria 832: Artisan pizza and pasta
- Surin of Thailand: Authentic Thai and sushi
- Springdale Park Elementary: Assigned Elementary School - View Homes
- Inman Middle School: Assigned Middle School - View Homes
- Grady High School: Assigned High School - View Homes
- Heritage Preparatory School: Private School (Kindergarten – 8thGrade)
- The Paideia School: Private School (3K – High School)
- Primrose School of Midtown: Preschool
- The Children’s School: Preschool
Learn more about Atlanta school ratings in Virginia Highland at Great Schools.
"Developed in the early 1900’s, Virginia-Highland, or “VaHi” as it is known by local residents, consists of four distinct commercial “villages” connected by short, walkable blocks lined with charming bungalow homes. The neighborhood’s name derives from the intersection of Virginia and Highland Avenues and has the feel of a small town within the heart of the city. Locals and tourists alike mingle for brunch at charming sidewalk cafes, meals and drinks on comfortable patios and terraces, and cocktails at lively night spots."Nicholas Brown