Peachtree Park Real Estate
Just steps away from Buckhead’s bustling commercial center, Peachtree Park is a small, quiet pocket neighborhood, with 13 streets of charming cottages and historic homes. Originally developed in the 1920s, the oldest section of Peachtree Park has received the National Register of Historic Places designation. Tree-lined streets that attract dog-walkers, joggers and cyclists have been closed to through-traffic, preserving the safety and serenity of this in-town gem.
Two local groups, the Peachtree Park Civic Association and Friends of Peachtree Park offer residents opportunities to actively plan their destiny, so the quaint charm and beauty of Peachtree Park and be guaranteed for generations to come. These groups also oversee the frequent activities and gatherings that draw neighbors together, such as picnics, newcomer socials, holiday parties and working in the community garden. Annual family fun includes an Easter Egg Hunt, July 4thKids Parade, and the Peachtree Park 5K road race.
Residents planned and built their own pocket park and playground within the confines of Peachtree Park, and the area is also convenient to many other area parks, such as Frankie Allen Park to the west and Chastain Park to the north. The Peachtree Park Nature Trail runs along the southern border of the neighborhood, and a landscaped pedestrian bridge over Georgia 400 allows residents convenient access to shopping and dining at Lenox Square Mall. Segments of the Path400 Greenway Trail are complete in the northeast corner of Peachtree Park, with additional construction planned.
Featured Attractions in Peachtree Park
- Bhojanic: Classic Indian fare and small tapas
- Bones: Iconic award-winning Atlanta steakhouse
- Buckhead Diner: American classics in a high-end retro diner
- Eclipse di Luna: Creative cocktails and tapas with live Latin music
- Il Bacio Pizzeria & Trattoria: Pizza and traditional Italian favorites
- Kyma: Contemporary Mediterranean and seafood
- Garden Hills Elementary: Assigned Elementary School - View Homes
- Sutton Middle School: Assigned Middle School - View Homes
- North Atlanta High School: Assigned High School - View Homes
- Atlanta International School: Private School (3K – High School)
- Christ the King School: Private School (Kindergarten – 8thGrade)
- The Marlowe School: Preschool
- Suzuki School: Preschool
Learn more about Atlanta school ratings in Peachtree Park at Great Schools.
“This family neighborhood is roughly contiguous with the Peachtree Highlands-Peachtree Park Historic District, listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The neighborhood is significant for a collection of architectural styles from 1921–1957 and for community planning and development. Styles include Colonial Revival, Craftsman, and English Vernacular revival.”Nicholas Brown