Luxury Homes in Sandy Springs
Browse by Price: $250k to $500k | $500k to $750k | $750k to $1M | $1M to $1.5M | $1.5M to $2M | $2M+
Sandy Springs Real Estate
One of Georgia’s youngest cities is the bustling community of Sandy Springs. Incorporated in 2005, Sandy Springs is now the 7th largest city in the state, but is made up of several distinct areas with their own character and charm. Riverside to the west borders the Chattahoochee River and features winding, hilly streets and quiet residential neighborhoods, while Perimeter Center is a cutting edge commercial and medical center.
Greenspaces are plentiful all across Sandy Springs. Located in northwest corner along the banks of the Chattahoochee River, Morgan Falls Overlook Park includes a boat dock, hiking trails and picnic areas with scenic river view and seasonally available paddleboard and kayak rentals. Also on the north side of the town is the Big Trees Forest Preserve, a 30-acre plant and wildlife sanctuary open to hikers and their canine companions. Kids will love the centrally located Abernathy Greenway Park, which features over 6 acres of traditional playgrounds and one-of-a-kind playable art structures
There is always something for residents to do in Sandy Springs, from farmers markets to festivals and holiday celebrations. The annual Sandy Springs Festival has grown from a small picnic to a major event drawing over 20,000 attendee, featuring two days of art, live music, 10K and 5K race, children’s area, classic rides, and both gourmet and festival food. Sandy Springs’ July 4th festival, the Stars and Stripes Celebration, is a community-wide fireworks display where residents picnic along the lawn of the Concourse Corporate Center to watch the show. Another local favorite is the Chattahoochee River Summer Splash, a 6-mile float along the river followed by a music and food festival.
Featured Attractions in Sandy Springs
- Heritage Sandy Springs: www.heritagesandysprings.org
- Sandy Springs Visitors Guide: www.visitsandysprings.org/events/
- Cibo e Beve: Italian fare and craft cocktails
- Food 101: Farm-to-table Southern classics
- Rumi’s Kitchen: Creative Parisian cuisine
- Under the Cork Tree: Global tapas with an extensive wine list
- Zafron Restaurant: Traditional Persian/Iranian fare
Sandy Springs is served by the Fulton County School System (www.fultonschools.org/home), with elementary school students attending Dunwoody Springs Charter, Heards Ferry, High Point, Ison Springs, Lake Forest Elementary, Spalding Drive Charter, or Woodland Charter Elementary. Sandy Springs and Ridgeview Charter are the areas Middle Schools, and the high schools serving Sandy Springs are North Springs Charter School of Arts and Sciences and Riverwood High School.
Private Schools in the area include:
- Atlanta Jewish Academy: Kindergarten – High School
- Brandon Hall School: 5thgrade – High School
- Holy Innocents Episcopal School: 3K – High School
Local preschools in Sandy Springs include:
- Chaya Mushka Preschool: www.chayamushka.org
- Goddard School of Sandy Springs: www.goddardschool.com
- North Atlanta Preschool: www.northatlantapreschool.com
- Primrose School of Sandy Springs: www.primroseschools.com
Learn more about Atlanta school ratings in Sandy Springs at Great Schools.
"Just minutes from downtown Atlanta, and just a short drive or MARTA ride away from Metro Atlanta's top attractions. Sandy Springs is surrounded by more than 950 acres of parks and natural areas. Experience the best of the modern South. Enjoy the big city one moment and the warm hospitality of the hundreds of independently-owned restaurants and shops."Nicholas Brown