Morningside Real Estate
Established in the 1920s, Morningside is an intown delight, with tree-lined streets, rolling streams and pocket parks. The neighborhood is dotted with restored Craftsman and Tudor gems alongside luxury new constructions, and residents love it for its walkability and convenience to dining, shopping and outdoor fun. A treat for nature lovers, the Morningside community is home to several parks and two nature preserves, offering peaceful oases in the middle of a bustling urban center.
The Morningside Nature Preserve is a well-loved matrix of hiking and running trails spread out over 30 acres of urban forest land. South Fork Peachtree Creek meanders through the preserve and is home to the locally famous Dog Beach, where locals and their four legged friends gather to splash and play. Travel southeast along the creek and you’ll find Zonolite Park, with 13 acres of nature trails and a wetland garden. Finally, Herbert Taylor Park sits side by side with the Daniel Johnson Nature Preserve, also along South Fork Peachtree Creek.Together they provide 40 acres of natural beauty, with hiking trails and rock formations. If you’re looking for a more traditional city park, the Lenox-Wildwood and Sunken Garden Parks, which are both located side-by-side in the center of Morningside include tennis courts, playgrounds and picnic areas.
Residents enjoy congregating together at the Morningside Farmers Market, open every Saturday morning year round since 1995. Certified organic meat, seasonal produce and local artisan crafts join special demonstrations and book signings to make every market day feel like a local festival. A tight-knit neighborhood, residents also put on a Celebration of Summer festival every year to celebrate the end of the school year for all Morningside children.
Featured Attractions in Morningside
- Daniel Johnson Nature Preserve: recplanet.com/ga/atlanta/daniel-johnson-nature-preserve
- Morningside Farmers Market: www.morningsidemarket.com
- Morningside Nature Preserve: rootsrated.com/atlanta-ga/trail-running/morningside-nature-preserve
- Alon’s Bakery & Market: Atmosphere French Restaurant. Quaint bistro with frequent prix fixe events.
- Cape Dutch: South African steakhouse and grill with global wine list
- Floataway Café: Locally sourced French & Italian dishes in a renovated warehouse
- Mali Restaurant: Traditional Thai fare and sushi
- Nino’s Italian: Atlanta’s oldest Italian restaurant known for classic Old World dishes
- Morningside Elementary: Assigned Elementary School - View Homes
- Inman Middle School: Assigned Middle School - View Homes
- Grady High School: Assigned High School - View Homes
- Heritage Preparatory School: Private School (4K – 8thGrade)
- Midtown International School: Private School (Kindergarten – High School)
- Haygood Preschool: Preschool
- Morningside Performing Arts Preschool: Preschool
Learn more about Atlanta school ratings in Morningside at Great Schools.
“Morningside is an intown neighborhood in Atlanta, Georgia founded in 1923. It is located north of Virginia-Highland, east of Ansley Park and west of Druid Hills. Approximately 3,500 households comprise the neighborhood that includes the original subdivisions of Morningside, Lenox Park, University Park, Noble Park, Johnson Estates and Hyland Park.”Nicholas Brown